WHO WE ARE
Welcome to the West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center! We are a non-profit organization comprised of citizens and businesses who invest time and money in the joint effort to advance civic, industrial, commercial as well as the arts and cultural interests of the West Columbia Gorge region. Through the unification of resources and development of an area-wide plan of action, the members accomplish many goals that could not be accomplished individually. We strive to foster positive relationships among various segments of our community, promote businesses, provide networking opportunities and ensure visitors a positive travel experience. The annual memberships of our businesses, professionals and government entities provides the financial support of Chamber operations and activities which are managed by a professionally trained staff under the leadership of a Board of Directors who serve without compensation and are elected by the members. In addition, the City of Troutdale provides a significant monetary contribution to the Chamber by means of designated transient lodging taxes to help maintain the West Columbia Gorge Visitor Center and support tourism-related activities.
WHAT WE DO
- Support better business relations with government
- Conduct activities that lead to economic development
- Sponsor special events to provide enjoyable experiences for the local community and to those visiting the area
- Promote the region as an international destination for art, culture and heritage
- Promote the region as an international destination for outdoor recreation
- Promote the region as the first stop for explorations of the Mt Hood- Gorge region for domestic and international travelers
Connecting commerce & communities to create economic vitality
We believe in promoting integrity through fair and honest business practices.
We believe in promoting the common interest of our region to improve and enhance business, tourism, and quality of life.
We believe in active leadership and representation in local and regional planning and development.
We believe in promoting strong economic growth by continuing development of thriving and diverse business communities.
THE CHAMBER WILL
- Actively represent the interests of businesses in the West Columbia Gorge area including Fairview, Wood Village, Troutdale, Corbett, Springdale, Bridal Veil, Vista House, Multnomah Falls, Bonneville Dam and Cascade Locks.
- Foster active partnerships with the gorge corridor communities and cooperative efforts with Gresham, Portland, and the entire Columbia River Gorge region to advance economic development and tourism.
- Provide collaborative leadership and vision in economic development activities and community planning.
AS A RESULT
- Business will flourish and new businesses will be attracted to locate in the area.
- Transportation infrastructure, land availability, and a skilled and trained workforce through quality educational opportunities will be in place.
- The quality of life with clean air and water, parks, youth activities, and cultural and spiritual enrichment will abound.
- The West Gorge Region will be the prime location for people desiring a high quality of life in which to live, work, shop and play, as well as a top destination for both domestic and international visitors.