WHO WE ARE
Welcome to the West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce! We are a non-profit organization comprised of citizens and businesses who invest time and money in the joint effort to advance civic, industrial, commercial and general interests of the West Columbia Gorge region. Our Chamber includes the towns, unincorporated areas and attractions of Fairview, Wood Village, Troutdale, Springdale, Corbett, Bridal Veil, Vista House, Multnomah Falls, Bonneville Dam and Cascade Locks. Through the unification of resources and development of an area-wide plan of action, the members accomplish many goals that could not be accomplished individually. The annual memberships of our businesses, professionals and governments provides the financial support of Chamber activities and the employment of a professionally trained staff. These activities are managed under the leadership of a Board of Directors who serve without compensation and are elected by the members. Through countless volunteer hours, our membership accomplishes the work of the Chamber through several committees. In addition, we facilitate positive relationships among various segments of our community, promote businesses and provide networking opportunities. We serve as a community advocate for our businesses and residents.
WHAT WE DO
The Chamber is a vehicle for businesses to share ideas and expertise so that members’ businesses will prosper and grow.
A Common Voice
- Support better business relations with government
- Promote activities that lead to Economic Development
- Promote Tourism
- Promote the region as an international destination for art, culture and heritage
- Promote the region as an international destination for outdoor recreation
- Promote the region as the “Basecamp” for all explorations of the Mt Hood- Gorge region and the first stop for domestic and international travelers
Connecting commerce & communities to create economic vitality
We believe in promoting integrity through fair and honest business practices.
We believe in promoting the common interest of our region to improve and enhance business, tourism, and quality of life.
We believe in active leadership and representation in local and regional planning and development.
We believe in promoting strong economic growth by continuing development of thriving and diverse business communities.
The West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce will be the foremost voice representing the business communities of the West Columbia Gorge Region.
THE CHAMBER WILL
- Actively represent the interests of businesses in the West Columbia Gorge area including Fairview, Wood Village, Troutdale, Corbett, Springdale, Bridal Veil, Vista House, Multnomah Falls, Bonneville Dam and Cascade Locks.
- Foster active partnerships with the gorge corridor business communities and cooperative efforts with Gresham, Portland, and the entire Columbia River Gorge region to advance economic development and the business environment.
- Provide participative leadership and vision in economic development activities and community planning.
AS A RESULT
- Business will flourish and new businesses will be attracted to locate in the area.
- Transportation infrastructure, land availability, and a skilled and trained workforce through quality educational opportunities will be in place.
- The quality of life with clean air and water, parks, youth activities, and cultural and spiritual enrichment will abound.
- The West Gorge Region will be the top destination for people desiring a high quality of life in which to live, work, shop and play.
LONG RANGE GOALS
To lead the transformation of the West Columbia Gorge into a dynamic economic force in the Northwest business community.